Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hollywood Studios

The only theme park we hadn't been to yet was Hollywood Studios, so today that was our destination. Hollywood Studios has a few rides, like The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and my absolute favorite, The Rock 'n' Roller Coaster staring Aerosmith along with a studio back-lot tour, some live musical shows and stunt shows and more. I've been having problems with motion sickness on some of the rides, so it was with a bit of trepidation that I got in line for the roller coaster. But my mom reminded me to take Dramamine beforehand, so I was crossing my fingers that would work. Thank God for Mom and Dramamine because I don't know if I would have survived without them. This super high speed ride is a doozy. It takes place in almost complete darkness and includes several loops and corkscrews all while some of Aerosmiths greatest hits are blasting in your ear. Awesome ride.

The stunt driving show was interesting and had some exciting moments too. Besides showing off amazing driving skills, they revealed some of the secrets of how they create certain effects. For instance they demonstrated a chase scene with the "hero" driving backwards much of the time. Turns out they had a special car with the driver facing the rear of the car. So even though it appeared the car was moving backwards, the driver was going forward.


We have now been to all four of the theme parks here at Disneyworld and still have another 5 days to go back and revisit our favorite things as well as the attractions we missed the first time around. Somehow I don't doubt we'll still be busy every day.

No comments: