Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Birthday at Disneyworld

Today is my birthday and it's hard to imagine a better place to spend it. Since we already had 10 day admission passes, they couldn't give me free admission on my birthday, so I was given a $75 gift card instead. Not too shabby, huh? And I was given a button to wear so everyone knew it was my birthday. I've never had so many people wish me Happy Birthday before.

We started the day at the Animal Kingdom so we could visit all the animals again. And so we could go back to their Broadway style production Finding Nemo - The Musical.



It's hard to describe this charming and magical stage show. Performed by live actors using colorful and imaginative theatrical puppets, this was definitely among my favorite experiences at Disneyworld. Here's a small clip of the "Fish are Friends not Food" number.




After a short stop back home to walk the dogs, we then went to the Magic Kingdom park for another ride on Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. And of course, another chance to watch the awesome fireworks show.

It's been a very happy birthday.

No comments: