Wednesday, September 24, 2008

In Pahrump, NV

We are now in Pahrump, NV which is a town of about 40,000 an hour west of Las Vegas. We're staying at a park that is part of our campground network so it's only costing us $14 for two weeks. We like those kind of prices!


This is a very nice RV park attached to what I think is Nevada's only winery. While the wines are made here in Nevada, they get the majority of their grapes from California. We visited the winery yesterday and tasted about a dozen wines. One was a delicious sherry that we had to taste twice, just to be sure we liked it. It was great to just be able to walk home afterward.

Today we went golfing at an eighteen hole par 60 course. Most holes were par 3, with six par 4's which made it easy enough to be fun but hard enough to still be a challenge. We had a great time. This was the first time I golfed since we left Deer Park and I was thrilled that I wasn't awful. In fact it was one of my best rounds ever.

No comments: